02 Nov The “Jiro” of Denver – Experience Master Chef Toshi Kizaki’s Chef’s Table
Trying new things and having fun doing it is what life is all about. Stray from your routine night out and keep things fresh – literally – at Sushi Den’s Omakase dinner.
Recently named one of the top nine exceptional Omakase (“Chef’s Choice”) menus in the United States by the national online food community, Eater, and featured as a must-try dinner on Thrillist.com and Denver Life Magazine, Sushi Den’s Omakase menu has gained national recognition for its fresh and authentic selection.
In the intimate “Denchu” room with a private chef, guests will enjoy six courses, curated daily by master chef Toshi, including premier sushi and sashimi from a wide variety of freshly caught raw fish directly shipped from the renowned Nagahama Fish Market in the southwest tip of Japan. Traditional Japanese techniques and family recipes are expertly intertwined throughout the menu that culinary aficionados are sure to love.
This culinary experience is an ideal, unique option to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, date-night, or just-because.
Friday & Saturday Nights Only; Limited to 8 Guests
Reservations Required: http://www.sushiden.net/omakase-chefs-choice-menu-private-dinner/
Check out a sample Omakase menu below:
FIRST COURSE – Japanese appetizer paired with house-made organic tofu
- Smoked, Scottish salmon served with Kimizu, a Japanese aioli nestled on cucumber
- Sake-infused cream cheese lightly grilled to perfection
- House-made wonton crisp filled with ground tiger shrimp floating on Shinjo sauce
- Red wine cooked Spanish octopus with Japanese mushroom
- Dashi marinated, sautéed and steamed duck breast served with touch of spicy mustard
SECOND COURSE – Catch of the Day Sashimi served on ice with grated Hon-wasabi
- Red Snapper
- Aji (Spanish Mackerel)
THIRD COURSE – Tempura with seasonal vegetables
- Tempura tiger shrimp, pumpkin, mushroom and Japanese eggplant, with Shishito pepper served with grated radish and ginger with light dashi soy
FOURTH COURSE – Toban Yaki, served on a traditional Japanese ceramic dish
- Sake-Kasu marinated Alaskan Black Cod, lightly grilled
- Tuna belly steak marinated in sake-infused soy and mirin, lightly pan seared
- American Wagyu marinated in sake-infused soy and mirin, lightly pan seared
FIFTH COURSE – Sushi
- 5 pieces of Catch of the Day, prepared Nigiri style
SIXTH COURSE – Dessert
- House-made Mascarpone Panna Cotta served with seasonal fruit (peach and strawberry) simmered in sugar and honey